IUGA 2024 Meet the Expert Roundtable Guidelines
ROUNDTABLE PROPOSAL DEADLINE: November 30, 2023 (no extensions)
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: End of December, 2023
The Meet the Expert Roundtable Breakfast sessions are scheduled for 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM on Friday, June 21, 2024. (Please note that this date and the number of sessions held are subject to change.) The program committee is committed to offering attendees a diverse selection of educational opportunities.
- The format for each table is up to the experts. Some topics lend themselves to formal presentation with didactic teaching, but many topics may best be approached with group participation. In this latter setting, your role will be to facilitate the discussion, get the conversation started, and move it along if necessary. Case discussions have been very successful for most topics.
- The roundtable subject matter should be generic, varied, and unbiased; it should not promote a single product.
- If you decide to bring handouts, please provide ten copies of a bibliography of suggested reading or a handout that outlines the topics to be reviewed.
- Multiple roundtable proposals may be submitted by the same author, but please recognize that the program committee seeks to identify a variety of roundtables for the meeting.
- The program committee may solicit proposals for roundtables that fill the void in areas of interest to the society membership.
- Faculty will have free access to the roundtable in which they are speaking. They will be responsible for paying for meeting registration and other workshop/roundtable registration fees if they choose to attend.
- There will be no honoraria or travel funding for roundtable faculty.